As a professional, I have written an article on “what is the meaning of contract of carriage.”
When we book a flight, we`re accepting the airline`s terms and conditions, which include the “contract of carriage.” But what does that mean exactly?
A contract of carriage is a legal document that lays out the terms and conditions of transportation services provided by a carrier, such as an airline, bus, or train company. It outlines the rights and obligations of both the carrier and the passenger.
The contract of carriage typically covers issues such as:
– The carrier`s responsibilities for providing transportation services, including schedules, routes, and fees
– The passenger`s responsibilities, such as checking in on time, following safety regulations, and complying with immigration and customs laws
– Liability for lost or damaged baggage, flight delays or cancellations, and injuries or illnesses that occur during transportation
– Refund policies and procedures for cancellations or missed flights
– Procedures for handling complaints or issues that arise during transportation
When you purchase a ticket, you are essentially agreeing to the terms and conditions outlined in the contract of carriage. This includes the carrier`s right to change flight schedules, routes, or fees, as well as their limitations of liability for certain types of damages.
It`s important to read the contract of carriage carefully before booking your travel, as it will outline your rights and responsibilities as a passenger. If you have any questions or concerns, be sure to ask the carrier or consult with a travel agent or attorney.
In summary, the contract of carriage is a legal document that outlines the terms and conditions of transportation services provided by a carrier. It is essential for passengers to read and understand the contract of carriage before booking their travel to ensure that they fully understand their rights and responsibilities during transportation.